The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my ABS sensor on top of my rear axle first with a used one I could find locally and then again with a new one just a few weeks ago. The ABS light will come on every once in a while and then I may not see it for a few days. I'm not pulling up any codes on it. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Most scanner can't read powerstroke code. You need a powerstroke capable scanner like AE with ford bundle. Or maybe one of the local shop/dealer can read it for you. When you have the code, you'll know witch direction take

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
898 Posts
Mine was doing the same thing but I have a scaner that can read codes on a powerstroke and it was my right wheel sensor.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm using one of those scanners for our trucks that you can get online to work with an Adroid. No codes. I only have rear wheel ABS so there is only one sensor on top of the rear differential as far as I know.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
I'm using one of those scanners for our trucks that you can get online to work with an Adroid. No codes. I only have rear wheel ABS so there is only one sensor on top of the rear differential as far as I know.
I have torque pro for android with all the PIDs and I did the test a couple month back. I unplugged a sensor and scan it show me the code. So torque pro can't read the powerstroke code.

If the light is on, you have a code. Without the code, the only thing you can do if change bunch of money on parts untill you hit the problem.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just a followup to this problem (just got back online after months away): It was the pigtail lead (wiring) to the ABS sensor on top of the rear differential that was bad. I replaced the pigtail and the ABS light went out and everything has been working fine ever since.

Reactions: aclasshog

·
Registered
382 Posts
Just a followup to this problem (just got back online after months away): It was the pigtail lead (wiring) to the ABS sensor on top of the rear differential that was bad. I replaced the pigtail and the ABS light went out and everything has been working fine ever since.
That was going to be my next recommendation, fought the same problem on a Toyota car last year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts