The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,574 Posts
It's possible but you should pull the codes.

On the 94-97 trucks there is a connector that you disconnect under the dash near the glovebox, you then ground one of the wires and watch and count the flashes of the abs light which will give you the code

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
936 Posts
Be sure and check the wires going to the ABS sensor on the rear differential. They can rub against the frame and other things, get broken and not allow a signal to go through. The ABS sensors aren't expensive...about $25 maybe. I've had to replace sensors twice and repair the wire once.

·
Super Moderator
25,017 Posts
I doubt it would be the VSS on the rear differential, unless the speedometer goes whacky at the same time. Check the wiring on the two ABS sensors to the front wheels, since your '02 would have 4 wheel ABS (actually two front wheels and the rear differential.) It's also possible you have a front hub bearing assembly (assuming it's a 4x4) going bad, which could take out the ABS sensor on that wheel.

BTW, if you fill out your signature with info on your truck, it appears on all your posts. Clicker on User CP up at the top right of the page to do that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts