The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, got a 95 zf5. ABS starts flashing when I give the brakes a firm press. All fuses and relays are good as well as light bulbs. Light flashes 16 times, long flash on the 16th. Blinker fuse was blown around the same time as this issue started. Electrical connection on the master cylinder is dry, brake fluid is full. Any other ideas? I think finding a break in the brake light circuit may be the only other option.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So does the 16th count as a "flash" since it's like a break in the sequence?

·
Premium Member
8,574 Posts
According the the post that Patrick did in another post of yours about the ABS 16 flashes means that the system is OK, at least on our year of trucks

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So getting an ABS light when I hit the brakes means everything is OK? Lol that's odd.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I must have missed that comment by Patrick, honestly forgot about posting this before. Sucks getting old.

·
Premium Member
8,574 Posts
So getting an ABS light when I hit the brakes means everything is OK? Lol that's odd.
It doesn't mean that there isn't something wrong in the system and you may have a different problem that is causing the ABS light to come on and flash, I have never played around with that system yet.

I must have missed that comment by Patrick, honestly forgot about posting this before. Sucks getting old.
Don't worry we are all there. I loose things that are in plain sight and then find them after I purchase new ones.

·
Premium Member
8,574 Posts
I'd run the diagnostics the way that is described in that other post and then see what the code is by counting the flashes.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
If the brakes work fine I would clip the wire to the lamp and remove the ABS fuse to be sure that ABS is gone. The rear wheel ABS system on these trucks are an accident waiting to happen. I disabled mine a few years back and it was the best thing I've done to this truck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts