The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I started hearing my fan getting locked in when driving around town in pretty mild weather and raining sometime, but I couldn’t figure out why it was doing that given that my ECT was between 188 and 195 and my EOT was between 193 and 198 the whole time.. I pulled up the AIT on my X4 and that’s when I saw it was up over 112 which would cause the fan to engage.. this just started happening at the end of a roadtrip the other day, so I’m a little confused as to what could have gone wrong with the AC? When I don’t have the AC on, it never locks in and runs fine, which is what I am looking to get as the end result. When I start the truck with the AC on, it will blow warm air to start, but then cool off eventually.. pretty normal in my opinion, but I figured I would offer as many details as possible. The temps that I am running the truck in vary from 70 in the morning to mid to upper 80s in the afternoon in Illinois.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Sounds like the sensor is bad if the outside temps are only 80 degrees max. If I understand you correctly, you're saying that you think the AC compressor is generating the heat that the sensor is reading and causing the fan to stay on?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts