The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy 4th everyone!!! 2006 Ford F250 XLT 6.0

Trying to get AC working to make the wife happy.(happy wife happy life)

My lowside pressures are way too high. Range between 90 & 140. Hi side reads 150. Compressor kicks on and off at 5 second intervals. Condenser looks clean normal wear for a older truck. Tube going into accumulator is cold but not cold going out.

Anyone able to help ? Im hoping for clogged Orifice tube or do you thinks its the compressor ?

Thanks !!!

·
Premium Member
14,749 Posts
A clogged orifice tube would cause high liquid line pressure and very low suction side pressure. Failed reed valves in the compressor could cause this minimal delta between pressure. First, I would verify your gauges are reading accurately. There should be no cycling with the pressure you are reporting. Your adapter may not be depressing the shraeder valve.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A clogged orifice tube would cause high liquid line pressure and very low suction side pressure. Failed reed valves in the compressor could cause this minimal delta between pressure. First, I would verify your gauges are reading accurately. There should be no cycling with the pressure you are reporting. Your adapter may not be depressing the shraeder valve.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
RT. Thanks for replying.

I 0'd my gauges before i connected. Im pretty sure i have schrader valves fully tapped. Engine off im getting 100 psi (it been hot here in Michigan). Engine Running im getting 125 on the low side before compressor engages. Compressor comes on for 5 seconds and low side drops to 50 60 then rebounds back to 120 to 125. High side stays around 140 150. Thoughts ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts