The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 has been stalling and stumbling at takeoff. Checked the two valves/sensors on top the engine. They were clean.

Today I picked up the PCV valve or regulator, for the rear of the left fuel rail.

Looks like taking the left front tire and wheel well liner would be the most direct route?

Any other tips, precautions or otherwise?

Thanks

I am deleted, SCT punch it tunes for a few months now. Don't think the two are related. Running in tow mode.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was getting p228F code

Changed it through fenderwell. Took a total of about 15 minutes from getting the floor jack, taking well off, regulator and back running.

Issues have disappeared.

There was some "rusty evidence" on the valve.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Was getting p228F code

Changed it through fenderwell. Took a total of about 15 minutes from getting the floor jack, taking well off, regulator and back running.

Issues have disappeared.

There was some "rusty evidence" on the valve.
How did all of this turn out? I had the same code P228F (pressure too high) but my truck is running great. The check engine light even turned off on its own, but I still want to look and see if the Pressure Control Valve is gummed up or blocked. I cant find the location for the sensors/valves anywhere. Where did you find the location to change it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts