The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Keep getting this error when I attempt to search the disk.
Tried a different CDROM in same computer.
Access violation at Address 00401EE9 in module "likse32.exe" Read of Address 3D485444. Address #'s change a little on errors but only seems to happen when I use the "and" all words to refine the search so I don't get everything. I am trying to search "DIY Exhaust Brake" in forum25. Win2k sometimes terminates the whole program.

Any Ideas? W2K

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If I search by "any word" or "phrase" I don't get an error but then I also get hundreds of posts that don't seem to have anything specifically to do with what I'm looking for. Tonight I tried "stainless exhaust" in forum 25. Works with "phrase" and "any" although the results didn't have any relevance to exhausts that I could see but using "and" produces the error. Also noticed badlink.htm at the end of the scanning phrase when I change back to "any" after getting the error message using "and". Confused yet, I am.

What would be the difference between using "phrase" or "and" when searching for "stainless exhaust"? Seems like they would produce the same results.

Is there a way to limit the search to the subject line as I think all the unwanted and unrelated results are coming from "stainless exhaust"(example) in signatures.

To answer your question honestly I have not been able to search and get a short list of posts yet all on the same subject like I can online. What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had the chance to try on two other w2k machines at work and same error. Apparently is a software bug and not a individual machine issue.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, I don't want any money back. I've gotten way to much info from this site to ever consider that. I would assume it would have the same error with XP. Maybe I can find an old harddrive and load win98 just to search the disk. If you ever get a fix let me know otherwise thanks for the site.

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.