The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a two accounts here. If I don't use one for some time will it get purged from the system automatically? How long does this take? I've got a PM into Jason to remove the account in question. The poor boy is probably up to his eyeballs in things.

Reason, is now that we can change the display name, I want to use the newer account name on my older account (this one). I know...I'm Crazy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump???

Can't anyone modarator help out here?

·
Registered
10,402 Posts
I'm not worthy of Moderator status but I'll still post a reply to you if it'll help with your question /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nope won't get purged off the list. There's people that joined almost 4 years ago and never posted and probably didn't even come back to lurk and their names are still listed.

It would make sense to purge the server of members that haven't logged in for at least the last 12 months.

Might even help the site load a little faster /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Take care,
BILL

·
Registered
78 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
It would make sense to purge the server of members that haven't logged in for at least the last 12 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I'm left wondering why in the world someone would need 2 accounts when you can make your display name anything you want now. In fact most forums won't allow more than one account. Oh well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump again...

Not sure if only Jason can remove accounts or the Moderators can. I'm sure he's pretty busy as well. I agree, it should speed systems up if they purges any un-used accounts. They could start with the spare one I have.

I just want my display on this account to be "Frostyford". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif I even got custom plates on the truck to "tee" my wife off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vulnerable.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vulnerable.gif

·
Super Moderator
18,870 Posts
Moderators can ban a user, but we can't literally delete the account from the database. When banned, the account is still there, because we can later un-ban that account.

Each member's account is one record in a database. Only Jason has the keys to the database to literally delete records. As long as those old unused records don't cause any problems, he doesn't have much incentive to spend time to delete unused accounts.

Besides, if he starts deleting records, then we couldn't brag about having more than 29,635 members. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/warmsmile.gif

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Smokey for the reply. Unfortunately, I stuck until Jason gets to my request (PM) I guess.

You got a point there about that many members. I wonder how many are really "not active" anyway?

·
Banned
11,632 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Smokey for the reply. Unfortunately, I stuck until Jason gets to my request (PM) I guess.

You got a point there about that many members. I wonder how many are really "not active" anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]
9,931 "users" haven't made a single post yet. An additional 3,421 users have only one post. Only Smokey has over 10,000 posts (14,000 +). An additional 50 of us have over 2000 each.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts