The Diesel Stop banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I talked to Scott tonight he has a brand new visor and home link set up for sale just like the one pictured. Just give him a call.
It still is not worth it to me at that price... it would be nice to have but my opener works well and it is free.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I was just pointing this out for someone that didn't have one installed in their truck. I have them from the factory in mine.
Just emailed Scott on it. He said it is the standard one we have in our trucks (the 1 light model - car2u). Homelink is the 3 light which he does not have.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It still is not worth it to me at that price... it would be nice to have but my opener works well and it is free.
I agree, but I got tired of having the old Genie garage remote and a Motorola blue tooth phone receiver hanging off of the visor on my 2005 F250SD. I was upset with the dealer that they didn't spend the few extra bucks and make this a standard item on all new SD Lariats and above. When I asked the dealer's fleet manager why this was so, he said that they use a broker who orders the trucks directly from Ford. The dealerships takes them as they receive them from the broker for non-special order cars and trucks.

Regardless, I'm happy with the final product and Homelink system.

Don

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Just emailed Scott on it. He said it is the standard one we have in our trucks (the 1 light model - car2u). Homelink is the 3 light which he does not have.
According to the Owner's Manual, it appears the Car2U has the 3 lights. HomeLink has the house symbol. Viewing visors on eBay, HomeLink may or may not have a single LED.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know the last post on this thread is almost 5 years old but I just purchased my 2011 Ford F-250 with 37,000 miles on. Yes it has the Ultimate Lariat package and doe not have the garage door opener in the visor. UGH! This thread was very helpful and I need this part number BC3Z-2504105-GA. At FordPartsGiant.com it is now only $50.81 plus shipping ($17.03 in my case) for a total of $67.84. Thanks for all the good info. I am ordering it today.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ended ordering it online at my local Ford dealer. Since there was no shipping the total was only $63.3 is the Homelink not the Car2U. Not sure when that changed on replacement parts. I am going to install it tonight. I can't it believe it was over $200 in 2011. Do new parts generally drop like that?

41 - 51 of 51 Posts