The Diesel Stop banner

Adjustable Pedals - Manual Adjustment?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  JazzBass 
#1 ·
Hi all,

It appears that the motor for the adjustable pedals is either stuck or broken and they are too close to me now and I can't get them to go back.

Is there a way I can get them to go back manually, even if it involves disconnecting the motor? (what part is the motor anyway, I can't really see anything distinctive so any help in identifying the major players would be appreciated).

Thanks!
JB

#2 ·
Usually, a gear inside the motor breaks. You can unhook the drive cable between the pedals & spin it to run one pedal forward, but the pedal with the motor attached is probably stuck. There used to be a guy selling a brass replacement gear, but it was like $300 a couple years ago last time I checked.

#3 ·
The motor connects to the pedal assembly with a cable that you can disconnect. From there you can try turning the cable by hand and also see if the motor works with the cable disconnected. They are indexed to each other so if you move things around and get it working again you may not have full range of adjustment.

#4 ·
Thank you Steve83 & ford_doctor! That helps tremendously.

Steve83, I looked at another forum and pinging the person you are talking about. Hopefully those gears are still available..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.