The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
196 Posts
Never used the Volant but the AFE Stage 2 I have is awesome! I would highly recommend it.

· Registered
4,434 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Which is better?
AFE is a little more $$$, but if it works better, that's OK!!

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

What criteria are you asking about? Better WHAT? flow? protection?

Protection, you're not gonna beat the OEM filter. Flow - that I don't know. The OEM works fine for me. Price? It'll take me 5 yrs to pay off a AFE at the rate I use OEM filters.

· Registered
778 Posts
Depends on who you talk to. Some say its not worth it, others say it is. You can see a drop in EGTs and a rise in HP & TQ, but its all barely felt by the driver. At least for me it is. I did see close to 100-150 degree drop in EGTs when I switched.

· Registered
77 Posts
I guess if you pull the front cover off the OEM filter you accomplish almost the same thing as putting in an AFE or Volant. It is just not as pretty and lacks the hot air isolation of the AFE or Volant.

DSMMH

· Registered
4,434 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Does it really make more hp and tq?
Is it worth the money?

[/ QUOTE ]

"Is it worth the money?"

Hmmmm,

To me no. Its not worth spending $300/$400 to degrade the protection of a $3000 part just to add a bit more horsepower. My truck runs / tows just fine. I can break any speed law in the nation. I can tow a 6-7% grade at 65 all day long. The truck doesn't burp or fart.

If you gotta have "more power" go for it. It just doesn't make any sense to me though.

· Registered
3,510 Posts
spankustang,

If for no other reason get the AFE for the Pro Guard 7 filter and it's ability to stop the dirt as compared to the 4 layer filters out there. Plus it folws better too! Call us if you have any questions on it.

Mark @ DPPI

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.