The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
RT still waiting on my adapter! But in the mean time i got to thinking about the shimming i did and am a little concerned that i might not have torqued down all the bolts correctly. I read over the paper work that came with the shims and i believe it said 15 in/lbs but this may have been if you were re installing old bolts.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hope somone chims in for assistance i could use it. Okay with a little extra reading i think i should be okay with torquing the 5 bolts for shimming. No adapter yet so i am doing what i can. So i removed the ips and cranked it over and had very little oil come out. Thinking maybe IPR.

·
Premium Member
14,489 Posts
Only a bad connection. The ipr is engaged by the pcm. The duty cycle is determined by feedback from the ICP sensor. Have you checked your engine oil level?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,489 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,489 Posts
No. That's good oil. I have a friend that fell for a ”sales pitch” for risolone oil treatment when he bought oil. Changed it and added the magic additive. The truck died before he got out of his driveway. My guess is it foamed the oil.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,489 Posts
Did you get your scanner? Figure out the buzz test? What does it sound like?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts