The Diesel Stop banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,187 Posts
P1690 is a Wastegate Control Valve Malfunction code and P0470 is Exhaust Back Pressure Sensor Circuit Malfunction. Neither of those should cause a no-start condition. No GEM codes will cause a no-start either.
I would check your wiring to the ICP and IPR to make sure there's not a short and each wire has continuity.

·
Registered
61 Posts
P1690 is a Wastegate Control Valve Malfunction code and P0470 is Exhaust Back Pressure Sensor Circuit Malfunction. Neither of those should cause a no-start condition. No GEM codes will cause a no-start either.
I would check your wiring to the ICP and IPR to make sure there's not a short and each wire has continuity.
A shorted back pressure sensor will absolutely cause a no start. Unhook the wire from the sensor and see if it runs.

·
Super Moderator
25,187 Posts
A shorted back pressure sensor will absolutely cause a no start. Unhook the wire from the sensor and see if it runs.
You're absolutely right. The sensors share a common signal circuit to the PCM, and if shorted will throw everything, including the ICP sensor signal off. I had forgotten about that.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Well i tried unplugging it but my batteries were near dead with a no srart. Think i will pull them charge both and have load tested. They are only a couple yesrs old but i have been really hard on them lately.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts