1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Vendor
607 Posts
Yeah, they're just more expensive than the factory units.

What's the point? You can use a tuner and turn the truck and make more power, it's just going to regenerate more. The net is a wash.

If you're gonna spend money on making more power and using less fuel, take the government crap off the truck and tune it properly. If you're interested, give us a call.

·
Registered
305 Posts
The BD DPF is what i will be doing when mine plugs. Currently at 104K miles on an 09 and 'regen' cycles are still consistent.

The BD provides better flow and is serviceable. It's the way to go if you want to maintain EPA emissions requirements on a stock truck.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The insurance adjuster will be here tomorrow to look at my truck. I wasn't having issues with regen (approx. every 215 miles) but with the theft attempt, I might opt for the BD unit. I would like to get some feedback from customers though.

http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f33/dpf-catalytic-converter-theft-attempt-648593/

I'll have to see what the insurance company says. I am worried more could of been damaged though. The truck has been reliable with reasonable performance and fuel economy, I am not looking for more performance, but reliability and fuel economy improvements would be a bonus.

OJ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts