The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
See my post above.Don't know if there is any performance difference between a Manaflow or BTM, but gives you another 4" option any how.
ddog

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for the tips, what about the catalytic converter on my early 99? Would you recommend cutting it out? Does it restrict airflow like the stock muffler? My part of the state doesn't require emission testing.

·
Super Moderator
18,870 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
... what about the catalytic converter on my early 99? Would you recommend cutting it out?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. It's illegal to mess with the emissions control system.

[ QUOTE ]
Does it restrict airflow like the stock muffler?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not unless it gets plugged up with soot. But it's designed to burn up the soot, so that shouldn't be a problem. But if the catalytic converter somehow gets plugged up, the fix is to replace it with a new one.

[ QUOTE ]
My part of the state doesn't require emission testing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your part of the state is covered by the Federal law which says it's a federal offense to alter the emissions control system on your vehicle. Last I heard, it was a $10,000 Federal fine plus a huge state fine if you get caught. Most of the voters in Colorado live on the eastern slope, and they have a big problem with the "brown cloud" over there. So the state fine is almost as bad as the Federal fine.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts