The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My transmission is acting up and am not sure yet if it is fixable yet.I posted the symptoms in the drivetrain forums. TC not locking up, not shifting out of 2nd, not wanting to move in reverse, OD light flashing. If it is gone I want an aftermarket and am wanting to know which are recommended and the costs. I know BTS is a favorite but I can't have the truck down for an extended periond of time waiting for one to be shipped. Maybe some suggestions for the R and R in the Western WA area.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
If you want a new tranny shipped to you BTS can do that. I have heard nothing but compliments from people. Their is also John woods (doesnt ship), Suncoast and ATS.

-
Andrew

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
There is a guy right across the border in Canada. I think it is in Chilliwack...
Troyon performance
1-877-702-1050

I have heard good things about him. Plus my next trip up that way I am planning on having some tranny work done too.

Good luck,
Steven

·
Registered
662 Posts
John Wood is out of california and is probably the closest reputable builder to you. There is also suncoast but they are out of florida I beleive, and in that case a BTS would be closer. So I would say give John wood a call.

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
How many times you going post this? (I responded in the other post,,, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/phoney.gif) But my vote is also for BTS...

·
Registered
58 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
There is a guy right across the border in Canada. I think it is in Chilliwack...
Troyon performance
1-877-702-1050

I have heard good things about him. Plus my next trip up that way I am planning on having some tranny work done too.

Good luck,
Steven

[/ QUOTE ]

Another vote for Troyon. He can R and R it in the same day and also stands behind his product 100%.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
GOOOO Suncoast!!! More off road racers and pullers use Suncoast than any other. I've had mine for 125k; dealers coast to coast and you don't even have to go to Arkansas to get a BTS!! Just call Suncoast and have it delivered overnight!!

www.suncoastconverters.com

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
GOOOO BTS!!! They are in More High HP PSDS then any other. I have had mine for 4 years holding alot of HP and they can ship it to you too. But sorry they cant do it OverNight cause Brian Builds each one himself and specific for each truck, Unlike Suncoasts One size fits all.

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Unlike Suncoasts One size fits all.

[/ QUOTE ] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/phoney.gif

I guess I need to build a new sig, since mine disappeared. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

·
Registered
709 Posts
Suncoast delivered my rebuilt tranny to a local shop. The shop R&R the tranny for $400 and shipped the old tranny back in the same special shipping container provided by Suncoast. Freight to and from Ft. Walton, FL. included in my quoted price. Check Suncoast out here: http://www.suncoastconverters.com/

I added the deep pan and the triple disk converter as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Good Luck!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a Suncoast trans and Suncoast triple disc converter. I have only had it for about 8k but I love it. Shifts great, even get a little bark into second if your in it hard in 80econo, 100hp or 120hp. I don't have the miles on mine that Pappy19 does, but I haven't had any problem yet and love what it has done so far.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
If you are desperate, you should call around. If you explain to Brian at BTS what your circumstances are, he might just work you in right away. No, it cannot arrive to you the very next day, as BTS trannys are not a one fits all size as said above, but depending on their schedule, they might be able to get one to you faster than you think. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif
Ignore Pappy, you do not have to go to Arkansas to get a BTS. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Just see who can work within your time frame from the vendors and suggestions here. My vote would be for BTS, but then nobody but you knows your specific circumstances. Do what works best for you.

On a side note, how far is DTT from you? I know they are in Canada someplace, but I don't know where in regards to you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

Good luck!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I haven't dealt with the other companies so I can't comment on them. I have dealt with Brian and Cale at BTS and their customer service is UNMATCHED by any other auto shop, in my experience. I do know for a fact that they ship. I'm pretty sure the folks in Panama, with a BTS, didn't drive to Arkansas!

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
i am pretty sure they do ship. my ford dealer used to get them, they actually kept one at a time in stock for awhile i think. this was a couple years back. the guy who runs parts dept there had one in his truck.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm having the exact same issues as the original poster, and am heading up to Chilliwack B.C next Saturday the 16th to have them dealt with. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I'll let you know how it works out on Sunday! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'm in oly too and had a friend have his E4od built by a local guy that gave him a lifetime warranty. Don't go local. After less than a year it shifts like crap and doesn't pull his camper and boat real well either. He paid $3000 for that hunk of junk so if I were you I'd spend a little more money and get the real deal. Thats what I'll be doing once mine goes.

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
i am pretty sure they do ship. my ford dealer used to get them, they actually kept one at a time in stock for awhile i think. this was a couple years back. the guy who runs parts dept there had one in his truck.

[/ QUOTE ] Now that is a cool dealer!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts