The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some aftermarket wheels for my 2013 F350, tuxedo black over pueblo gold.
I don't want all black wheels, but even black with milled accents have me worried about Midwest winters and salt destroying them. So, I've turned to PVD.
Does anyone make PVD wheels with black accents?
What do all of you do to keep your wheels from corroding in winter? I know that you should wax them, but really, will that protect them enough in winter? I can't figure waxing them once a month in winter when it's -20 outside.
Recommendations? Thoughts? Experiences? Thank you!

·
Registered
734 Posts
POR 15 makes an awesome clear coat.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So buy new wheels and then clear coat them? Sounds like an added expense better offset by a second set of wheels. For the cost to clear coat new wheels, a new set of rubber can be put on my factory wheels and drive them in the winter.

·
Registered
734 Posts
You asked the question ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Super Moderator
25,340 Posts
POR 15 makes an awesome clear coat.
Yes they do. It's called Glisten PC. A lot harder than normal clearcoat.

I used it to restore the finish on some stock aluminum wheels that the factory coat had chipped on and had the typical white corrosion growing under the coating.

Nothing protects completely from chips. I suppose you could wash and wax them every day, but I for one don't have the inclination to do that. If you really want to keep your aftermarket wheels nice, hang them on the garage wall.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts