The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time for a new set of tires. I would like something that's got an aggressive look to it, but isn't loud on the highway and won't kill my fuel MPG. I've had good luck with the 10-ply Nitto Terra Grapplers in the past....is there anything else I should be looking at?

The size I'm looking at is 305/55/20. Suggestions?

·
Registered
425 Posts
The BFG A/T are a nice race proven tire that I don't think are too loud on my truck.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Why are you trying to make a fashion statement with your TRUCK TIRES? Buy good tires that last & perform comfortably. Forget about how they look.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why are you trying to make a fashion statement with your TRUCK TIRES? Buy good tires that last & perform comfortably. Forget about how they look.
Why? Because Merica'...... that's why :grin2:

·
Registered
588 Posts
It's time for a new set of tires. I would like something that's got an aggressive look to it, but isn't loud on the highway and won't kill my fuel MPG. I've had good luck with the 10-ply Nitto Terra Grapplers in the past....is there anything else I should be looking at?

The size I'm looking at is 305/55/20. Suggestions?
An aggressive look is somewhat subjective. If you don't mind what are your driving conditions and what is the year and model of your truck?

PM coming your way.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Love my 325-65-20 Goodyear Dura-Tracs !

On my 02 F350 20k on them and look as good as new !
Not at all load and they perform, dry, wet, snow, etc......
$500 a piece, but I will buy again .
And I really like the built in rim protector. Nice feature !

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'll echo the Wrangler Duratracs. I've been running 275/65R20 on 6-spoke cast XD wheels for the last ~3 years / 60k km and much prefer them over the OEM tires (which looked more like they belonged on a white cube van, they were that indistinct). Excellent traction and I have noticed about a 2% increase in fuel consumption and a slight but certainly livable increase in noise. They look good and perform quite well in Canadian winters.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ended up ordering a set of Nitto Terra Grapple G2's. I had two set of those on my last truck I had (the G1 models), and both sets got close to 50,000 miles on them before I switched them out. I'm hoping these new G2's will do the same or better.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Michelin! You cant go wrong

Reactions: ArcticDriver

·
Registered
868 Posts
The BFG A/T are a nice race proven tire that I don't think are too loud on my truck.
I agree. The BFG all terrain KO tires that I had on my last truck were amazingly quiet considering how aggressive they looked. In fact, they are probably the most aggressive looking AT tire that I’ve seen. Honestly, I couldn’t even hear them at all over the engine in that truck. My son has a set on his F-150 (a much quieter truck) and I can’t hear those tires either.
I invite everyone here to read my article, “Tires for Towable RVs and Tow Vehicles” which is published on www.thisoldcampsite.com .

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
That was my first thought also...maybe its a sign of getting old but my tires say “There goes a practical man!” :winking:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ended up going with a set of Nitto Terra Grappler G2's. They look good, and on the highway you can't even hear them. The last set I had I was able to get 60,000 miles out of them....hopefully these will last that long also.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts