The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 08 f350 with the 6.4 powerstroke I just change the high pressure pump i done the bleeding process with the banjo bolt and clear hose on the return line on fuel cooler got all air, but then when i cranks it over it blows air from the clear line i got hooked up for bleeding, comes out in burst like compressed air almost. then the system is full of air again.. any help on whats wrong or where it might be coming from would be greatly appreciated..

·
Registered
171 Posts
If all you are getting is air, then it has not been bled. You want fuel to be coming out after all the air has been forced through. Check all your connections again to ensure they are proper and tight. Do not crank the engine while bleeding, use key on only. Turn the key on, and put your hand on the low pressure pump to feel if it is working (you may be able to hear it instead). If it is not, you may need to replace the fuse. Make sure the outer end of your clear tube is in a container of fuel to keep from sucking air back into the system. It may take several minutes to bleed the system.

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
One of the biggest mistakes some people make is to install the air bleed adapter into the wrong position. It needs to be installed in the REAR fitting. And despite the WSM instructions, SOMETIMES cranking the engine does help on those stubborn trucks that don't want to start but in general, cycling the ignition 3-4 times and observing the air bubbles leaving through the clear bleeder hose is usually enough.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts