The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a fuel tank (56 gal) put into my F350 and now it is doing a couple of things are occurring--going back in Monday.

1. When I filled the tank up there is a leak coming down from the top.
2. Now the engine turns over--much longer than before--before the engine starts up. My batteries are good.
3. Third thing that I just noticed this am-- sitting at a red light, while in drive--the idle rpm was moving 'slightly' a little that you can feel (and see on dash) the slight change in rpms. It was noticeable.

Any thoughts? I know I have to get the leak figured out

·
Registered
35 Posts
Our 2016 F250 we added an aux tank in box. Gravity feed to filler tube on main tank.
Main tank would leak from topside intermittently. Usually with a drastic temperature change. Had local mechanic take a look at it. He found that there is a vent on top of tank that has a short nipple of fuel line. Factory had sliced side of nipple putting the clamps on. Replaced nipple no more leak.

YMMV
RoadrunnerII

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I had a fuel tank (56 gal) put into my F350 and now it is doing a couple of things are occurring--going back in Monday.

1. When I filled the tank up there is a leak coming down from the top.
2. Now the engine turns over--much longer than before--before the engine starts up. My batteries are good.
3. Third thing that I just noticed this am-- sitting at a red light, while in drive--the idle rpm was moving 'slightly' a little that you can feel (and see on dash) the slight change in rpms. It was noticeable.

Any thoughts? I know I have to get the leak figured out

Sounds like it is sucking air and bleeding down when shut off. Once they find the leak, more than likely they will also find where air is getting in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts