The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was installing some aftermarket gauges the other day. I removed the
dash piece that goes around the instrument cluster,radio, headlight switch, etc. I got the gauge installed and ran the power wires under the dash and reinstalled the dash piece. I installed a boost gauge so before I wired up the power to it I wanted to make sure everything was good. I turned on the key and fired it up. Now the airbag light blinks for about a 1 minute and then stays solid. I noticed that the passenger side airbag switch wont light up the off light anymore when dissabled.
So I made sure the plug was on the switch completely.
I have also disconnected the battery for several hours and tried again.
Im not sure what happened.

Anybody had this before.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
When the restraints control module (RCM) detects a system fault, it will cause the air bag indicator to flash a coded sequence called a lamp fault code (LFC). The code is two digits. The first digit is flashed with a 0.5 second interval between pulses. There is a 2 second pause before the second digit is flashed which also has a 0.5 second interval between pulses. There is a 5 second pause between each display of an LFC.

Each LFC is flashed three times after which the air bag indictor will remain lit for the remainder of the key-on cycle. If there are multiple LFCs, each LFC will flash in order of priority.

Read your LFC and get back with us.

O

·
Super Moderator
25,492 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
well, I got a code 27

[/ QUOTE ]

LFC 27/DTC B1884 — Passenger Air Bag Deactivation (PAD) Switch Warning Lamp Inoperative

An open or short to ground on Circuit 1113 (Y/LG).

A damaged or burned out PAD indicator.

A damaged or inoperative PAD switch.

A damaged or inoperative ECS module.

A blown PAD switch I/P Fuse 22 (7.5A).

First double check the connector to the switch, then check the fuse, then if that doesn't work, replace the switch. If the lamp is burnt out, the whole switch needs to be replaced.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks alot. I'll be checkin.

Today the off light came on and the airbag light went out.
It was happy until I turned the bag back on.

·
Registered
217 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
If the lamp is burnt out, the whole switch needs to be replaced.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you could go to Radio Shack and get a 12v 25ma bulb and solder it into place. $1.29 instead of $75. Part# 272-1141 $1.29 at Radio Shack

·
Registered
41 Posts
Do you know what code 1 - 5 means? For several years my '99 F-350 has been flashing that to me and the dealer is always clueless when I take it in. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

·
Super Moderator
25,492 Posts
LFC 15/DTC B1887 — Driver Air Bag Circuit Short to Ground

Normal Operation

The air bag electronic crash sensor (ECS) module checks for driver air bag circuit shorts to ground by monitoring the voltage of Circuits 614 (GY/O) and 615 (GY/W) at Pins 1 and 15. If the ECS detects a short to ground on either of these pins, it will store a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) B1887 in memory and flash a lamp fault code (LFC) 15 (or higher priority code if one exists) on the air bag indicator.

Possible Causes
short to ground on Circuit 614 (GY/O).
short to ground on Circuit 615 (GY/W).
short to ground on the air bag sliding contact (14A664).
short to ground on the driver air bag module.

LFC 15/DTC B1916 — Driver Air Bag Circuit Short to Battery or Ignition

Normal Operation

The air bag electronic crash sensor (ECS) module checks for driver air bag circuit shorts to battery or ignition by monitoring the voltage of Circuit 614 (GY/O) and 615 (GY/W) at Pins 1 and 15. If the ECS detects a short to battery or ignition on either of these pins, it will store a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) B1916 in memory and flash a lamp fault code (LFC) 15 (or higher priority code if one exists) on the air bag indictor.

Possible Causes
short to battery or ignition on Circuit 614 (GY/O).
short to battery or ignition on Circuit 615 (GY/W).
short to battery or ignition on the air bag sliding contact.
short to battery or ignition on the driver air bag module.

With these codes, I'd recommend that you don't try the DIY route, cause monkeying around with the airbag system can cause them to go BOOM /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

If you supply this info to the dealer (who should ALREADY HAVE IT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif) they should be able to fix it up for you.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If the lamp is burnt out, the whole switch needs to be replaced.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you could go to Radio Shack and get a 12v 25ma bulb and solder it into place. $1.29 instead of $75. Part# 272-1141 $1.29 at Radio Shack

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks - I know my bulb is out on my work truck, 2001 - F150. I will give this a try.

John /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
41 Posts
[ QUOTE ]

If you supply this info to the dealer (who should ALREADY HAVE IT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif) they should be able to fix it up for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info!!!!!

So these codes you speak of will I see them when I hook up Edge Evolution and look for diagnostic codes? I never see anything related to the airbags when I look. The dealership always tells me that there is no "codes" when I bring it in. They say to bring it in when the light is on. Well everytime I shut the truck off it clears the airbag light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif I tried connecting the Evolution and look at codes when the light is on but still nothing...

·
Registered
1 Posts
When the restraints control module (RCM) detects a system fault, it will cause the air bag indicator to flash a coded sequence called a lamp fault code (LFC). The code is two digits. The first digit is flashed with a 0.5 second interval between pulses. There is a 2 second pause before the second digit is flashed which also has a 0.5 second interval between pulses. There is a 5 second pause between each display of an LFC.

Each LFC is flashed three times after which the air bag indictor will remain lit for the remainder of the key-on cycle. If there are multiple LFCs, each LFC will flash in order of priority.

Read your LFC and get back with us.

O
I got the code 8

1 - 11 of 11 Posts