The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My airbag light just stays on in my 2015 F250. I am not familiar with the newer models, from my recollection(sketchy at best) it should flash the code to let you know what is wrong with the system. Mine just stays on, started a couple days ago. I tried doctor Google but didn't really come up with anything. I may have missed it in the owner's manual but is there something different to the newer models as far as figuring out what's going on with it? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
I would suggest you take it to the dealer if it is under warranty. Not sure what the warranty period is on safety items but suspect it might be covered even if pass the 36K miles

Have you checked your fuses?

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
From 2015 Ford Service Workshop DVD

ciples of Operation

The RCM continuously receives/monitors all inputs from the following SRS components:

Front impact severity sensor
Driver and passenger front door side impact sensors (if equipped)
Driver and passenger C-pillar side impact sensors (if equipped)
Safety belt buckle switch (driver side only)
Safing and rollover sensors internal to the RCM (if equipped)
If the RCM detects sudden vehicle deceleration and/or lateral deceleration based on information received from sensors and switches and determines that deployment is required, the RCM sends voltage and current to deploy the appropriate SRS components.

The RCM contains an internal sensor that detects vehicle rollover angles. If the RCM determines that a rollover condition exists and deployment is required, the RCM deploys the applicable SRS components.

During a frontal or side crash, the RCM may deploy the following SRS components, based on crash severity and sensor input.

Driver and passenger safety belt retractor pretensioners
Driver and passenger single-stage airbags (if equipped)
Safety Canopy® (if equipped)
Driver and passenger seat side airbags (if equipped)
The fact that the safety belt retractor pretensioner or airbags did not activate for both front seat occupants in a crash does not mean that something is wrong with the SRS system.

The RCM performs a self-test of the complete SRS during each startup. If an SRS fault exists, the airbag warning indicator illuminates and remains illuminated for the rest of the ignition cycle. In addition to the self-test at start up, the RCM continuously monitors all of its SRS components and circuitry for correct operation.

Air Bag Warning Indicator

The airbag warning indicator:

1. located in the IPC , proves out by lighting for 6 seconds and then turns off.
2. flashes and/or illuminates based on the message the IPC receives from the RCM .
3. illuminates if the IPC module does not receive a message from the RCM .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts