The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed Air Lift airbags and onboard compressor and did a video. For anyone interested, here it is:

Reactions: McGuire4

·
Registered
781 Posts
Dang dude, you make that look so easy. Of course a lift helps mightily. I did my own in my '11 (same system, but older bags), and while it was fairly straightforward, a couple of hiccups along the way really caused my cuss o'meter to peg. But in the end, I got er done.

Nice job by the way. Very clean.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dang dude, you make that look so easy. Of course a lift helps mightily. I did my own in my '11 (same system, but older bags), and while it was fairly straightforward, a couple of hiccups along the way really caused my cuss o'meter to peg. But in the end, I got er done.

Nice job by the way. Very clean.

Lol, that's the magic of TV. Editing fixes everything! If it wasn't for the video recording (lights, camera, action... wait... I said that stupid, let me try again...), I guess it would have been about 4-5 hours. With all the other stuff it was double that.

I've heard that the earlier version of the airbags had lots of little pieces and were difficult to install. These really weren't that bad and not much different from the Firestones I put on my 2011. The Firestones were smaller and simpler but worked just fine. These Air Lifts are beefy in comparison.

And there is no lift on that truck. Just 37 inch tires and a front end level. These new 2017's are high off the ground to start.

·
Registered
147 Posts
How many PSI are you using when loaded?

Do you know the king pin weight of the trailer?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How many PSI are you using when loaded?

Do you know the king pin weight of the trailer?
Pin weight is about 3,500. I keep the airbags at 85-90 psi.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Wow, my trailer weighs about 15k and has a 3k pin weight and I usually only use 20psi.

I have a 15 350srw

1 - 6 of 6 Posts