The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I didn't do my homework and bought a used AIS off of ebay for what appeared to be a reasonable price. I didn't realize that the kit should have included a battery tray and didn't get one. So I slowly cut down the existing battery tray until it fit with the AIS. I epoxied a T-bolt in as a stud for the AIS housing. All looking good until I dropped in the battery and jammed every up. The battery runs into the AIS leg before the rear lip of the battery tray and jams the latches for the lid. It was going really well up to that point. I'm guessing the two battery trays are different, does anyone know for sure? My next step is to slot the holes and move the battery tray away from the AIS and somehow re-figure AIS third leg mounting. Is the AIS battery tray available separately to save this hassle?

·
Super Moderator
26,510 Posts
I doubt they're available from a dealer, but what I'd do is cruise the wrecking yard and see what you can find. I found one a couple years ago and got the whole AIS setup for cheap. Might have been a fluke, but it's worth a try.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts