The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2002 F250 4x4 (extended cab)with the 7.3. Before I realized it had the AIS system (or knew what one was) I had intended to install the Riffraff 6637 kit. After reading all I could on the AIS I decided to stick with it. But after spending $85 (shipped) for a new element I am starting to 2nd guess my self. Did I make a wise decision?
Truck is stock & only performance mod on the radar at this point is a 4" turbo back exhaust.

Edit
I also saw a fender well intake that can be added to the AIS box by cutting a 3" hole. Worth it?

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
they are both good. the ais is more pricey but is a cleaner setup.

the 6637 filters well, flows well, and is cheap.

·
Premium Member
3,754 Posts
There is a couple of differences that i see, 1st is the cost of the filters on the AIS and 2nd is AIS is covered which is an advantage if you are doing deep water crossings.
The RR 6637 is a great set up easy to change and a good price for elements , but as you have the AIS fitted already that's what I'd be leaving in there.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
I will buy your AIS if you choose to swap it out for a 6637.

Fairbanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
AD, I PMed you. Think I will hold on to it for now.
Googs, I have an Argo for those deep water crossings:lol:.

Thanks for the info all, I'm new to this PS thing so I really appreciate you guys sharing your experience. I hate reinventing the wheel.

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
AD, I PMed you. Think I will hold on to it for now.
Googs, I have an Argo for those deep water crossings.

Thanks for the info all, I'm new to this PS thing so I really appreciate you guys sharing your experience. I hate reinventing the wheel.
Good decision.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts