The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're trying to wire up an alarm system in my son's 2000 F250 SuperCab.
We can't seem to figure out how to wire it into the power door locks.
We've found schematics identifying the truck wiring, but can't seem to figure out how to interface the alarm wiring with the truck's.

TIA

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
that may help you

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found a site that had that info, but I'm confused on how to connect the alarm to those wires.
From what I have found, Ford F-series trucks use a different type of lock system than most other vehicles.
They require an additional relay for alarms to interface with the truck.
Crutchfield sent the relay with the alarm, but didn't give instructions on how to connect the relay between the alarm and the truck.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
What alarm do you have? I just install autostart on my 2002 and it came with 1 relay witch was for the starter killer. the rest was only to tap into the oem wiring

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CodeAlarm CA1153
Crutchfield sent a 451M relay module with it, but the instructions are confusing me.
Apparently, F-series trucks require this extra relay.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Is you kit look like the one in the pic? if so the relay should be for the starter killer and just tap the right wire into the doors wire. I'll have a look into the manual tomorrow see if I can help more

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes it looks like that.
I have the starter relay.
Crutchfield sent an additional relay as well, a 451M relay.
Apparently these trucks have an oddball locking mechanism and require the extra relay.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
I look quickly this morning and yes you need that relay to switch the polarity. your alarm will activate the doors lock with the (-) and our doors lock are (+) activated. So you need to switch the signal from (-) to (+)

you could also make your own using 2 relay

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I look quickly this morning and yes you need that relay to switch the polarity. your alarm will activate the doors lock with the (-) and our doors lock are (+) activated. So you need to switch the signal from (-) to (+)

you could also make your own using 2 relay

So I need to cut the wires between the switch and lock, and connect this relay to the cut wires?

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
I'm no sure how your new relay is wired and i'm on my phone right now. Will dig abit later when i get home. But you should be able to jut tap into the wire that as your lock or unlock signal. Not between the switch and lock but before the switch. All my wire where located close to the steering column. If i recall the wire that i use is the one coming out of my vsm but you have an 01 so no vsm. Maybe coming out of your gem? Don't remember if the gem controls doors lock.... ill have a look later

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
POWER LOCK PINK/YELLOW (TYPE C), See NOTE #2 See NOTE #2
POWER UNLOCK PINK/LIGHT GREEN (TYPE C), See NOTE #2 See NOTE #2

Vehicles with FACTORY KEYLESS ENTRY are a TYPE "B" Door locking system, wire are located in a GREY Molex plug on the RIGHT side of the Steering column, vehicles without FACTORY KEYLESS are a TYPE "C" Door locking system, when doing TYPE C Locks, use the DRIVERS side SWITCH when TESTING. Wires are located in the DRIVERS DOOR HARNESS.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I think I used Schotch lock taps when I did my Ford OEM auto start alarm 10 years ago. It is hard to remember that far back, but I think I tapped in right before the wire went through the tube to the door??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts