The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been noticing that my alerts and who knows if conversations are updating. I have read new replies to threads I am participating in but they are not showing up in my alerts. As of the time of this post, the last alert update showing is from 8 days ago.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I emptied all of my old messages and checked my settings in my control panel. unchecked and rechecked a few and hit save. It's working again... been several days.

·
Premium Member
14,604 Posts
I’m not getting them either and PMs are going unanswered leading me to believe the recipient isn't aware of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
25,337 Posts
I’m not getting them either and PMs are going unanswered leading me to believe the recipient isn't aware of them.
That tiny dot isn't very noticeable. That might be the reason your PM's aren't being answered. It's kind of a pinkish color on my screen, and just sits there. The notification for PM's used to be more visible and was a flashing flag, IIRC. If the little dot at least flashed, people would be more likely to notice it, and a brighter color would help too. I've asked the admins about fixing that.

·
Premium Member
14,604 Posts
I used to get an e-mail notification as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,744 Posts
RT, you need to go into your account and then your account settings then preferences and recheck the send email notifications along with the other ones that you want.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RT, you need to go into your account and then your account settings then preferences and recheck the send email notifications along with the other ones that you want.
I am pretty sure that is what did it for me to be honest. I also had a lot of notifications turned off so I think the problem was self inflicted. And I agree that the little dot on the user icon could be a little more pronounced. Perhaps changed to red?

·
Premium Member
8,744 Posts
It just needs to be something other than a little red dot.

I went for a couple of weeks before I noticed it a bit ago.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't know if this would be configurable or something custom that would be required but how about changing that little dot to adding the bell icon for alerts right next to the "account details" icon.

·
Premium Member
14,604 Posts
The problem is that if the default setting is no notifications, then you can send PMs to anyone and they’ll never know unless they’ve adjusted their settings. Like Ma Bell having the default telephone setting to not ring when a call comes in...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts