The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been chasing down a problem with hard steering and the wheels not returning to center. The problem began after I installed the PMF RSK with X-code springs. I previously hard much smaller tires on it and it was aligned with those tires. I believe they were 225/86/16s.

Sinces I've mounted the Kelly Tsrs that are 317/75/16s it seems to be steering very hard. I adjusted the play out of the steering box because there seemed to be quite a bit but now adjusted it back. In fact, I backed the screw out as far as it seems that it will go. i also replaced all of the tie rods and ends.

Still it has pretty hard/dead steering and steers more like a boat. I noticed when i was walking up to the truck in my driveway that it appears to have a lot of negative camber and the bottom of the tires are bowed out.

any suggestions on what the problem might be?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
The problem began after I installed the PMF RSK with X-code springs. I previously hard much smaller tires on it...
any suggestions on what the problem might be?
:icon_rolleyes: Seems pretty obvious, doesn't it? :dunno: Front-end alignment isn't something you can feel or figure out. The more you mess with stuff, the worse it's gonna get. Take it to a pro and get it aligned.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea. I guess you're right at that.. and I even have the Firestone Lifetime Alignments plan. Will get it done ASAP :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts