The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad's 2008 developed a radiator leak this past summer. We tried a replacement OE radiator and it didnt last 2 weeks and was cracked and leaking again. We decided to go ahead and buy the Alradco after a friend advised me of the known radiator issues and that the Alradco would be a much better replacement. Well here we are not even 5 months in and it appears the radiator is leaking again. What gives? Is there a permanent solution to this? Also I have tried contacting Alradco and have not gotten a response. I see they warranty most everything for life on their website EXCEPT the 6.4 radiator. Please tell me he's not out almost a grand for a radiator that didnt even last 6 months. Thanks for any input!

·
Vendor
612 Posts
That's why we recommend and install the Mishimoto radiators. Done MANY of them and never had a problem. All aluminum construction that literally bolts in. They're just pricey, that's all.

Give us a call if you're interested

·
Registered
266 Posts
Check the cab mounts.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Mishimoto radiators are really no more pricey than OEM and have a much better warranty (lifetime). However, they are not immune to leaking, so keep all receipts.

Before installing, seal the lower opening and fill with distilled water to do a quick check. Add some food coloring to the water to make it easier to spot a leak.
Replace the front cab mounts at the same time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts