The Diesel Stop banner

amp install with factory radio

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  WAIDDOG 
#1 ·
which wire is best to splice into for the amp remote turn on. on the factory wire

#2 ·
[ QUOTE ]
which wire is best to splice into for the amp remote turn on. on the factory wire

[/ QUOTE ]

Does the factory radio have a preamp out? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I wouldn't try it otherwise, you don't want to send a hot signal to the amp.

#3 ·
that is why you use preamp converters to get your preamp outputs. But i need to get my amp to turn on only when the radio comes on and i was wandering which wire anyone has used to do this other than trial and error

#4 ·
[ QUOTE ]
that is why you use preamp converters to get your preamp outputs. But i need to get my amp to turn on only when the radio comes on and i was wandering which wire anyone has used to do this other than trial and error

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotcha, sorry, didn't know they made a preamp converter. Does that get you the same quality signal to the amp as an RCA plug?

#5 ·
it is spliced into your front speakers and allows you to run rca cables to your amp. so it is essentially a preamp out of the radio it just converts the radio signal into preamp signal to allow the hook up of an amp. but i need the remote amp power wire not preamp i have found the lf and rf speaker wires

#6 ·
The stock radio does not have a turn on lead. You'll need to tap into a acc/run hot wire. I added a switch to mine.

#7 ·
I'll look in a little while and let you know which I wire I hooked to. I did this last Friday.

Plumbnman

#8 ·
Or, if you don't already have an amp, you could get one of the ones that will take a speaker-level input and auto turn-on when it sees the signal. That will eliminate your external speaker-level to RCA converter and your wiring for a turn-on lead.

Sorry, I don't even remember which brands I've seen that have this feature, but I know I've seen it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.