The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does it have to mount at the front of the bed or do you have some flexibility with where you mount it? I have a long bed dually I pull a 5th wheel with and it would be nice to have the step just ahead of my rear fender bulge for reaching the hitch and my tool box. Also, what was the part # for the step you used?

·
Registered
734 Posts
They are really nice ! Just do not tighten down on the aluminum threads too much,,,,,,, they stripe super easy. Then you call customer service, LOL ! they want 70 % the cost of the entire unit for 1 part of it.....

TIG, grind, tap. Half an hour in my shop. Free-B !

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are really nice ! Just do not tighten down on the aluminum threads too much,,,,,,, they stripe super easy. Then you call customer service, LOL ! they want 70 % the cost of the entire unit for 1 part of it.....

TIG, grind, tap. Half an hour in my shop. Free-B !
follow the torque specs in the instructions and the threads shouldn't strip

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Does it have to mount at the front of the bed or do you have some flexibility with where you mount it? I have a long bed dually I pull a 5th wheel with and it would be nice to have the step just ahead of my rear fender bulge for reaching the hitch and my tool box. Also, what was the part # for the step you used?
I believe it is a fixed mounting point. PN 75413-01A

·
Registered
622 Posts
Here's a couple
Thanks very much! Wish they would tuck in better, but I suppose that would make deploying them by foot more difficult.

Better yet, why didn't the power deploy running boards extend to the bedside?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Are they attached to the door sensor to come out?. Meaning the door has to be open to come in-out or is there another way to just pop it in & out ?

I'm using this for now. Hides along side my fuel tank.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts