The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if I'm asking in correct forum. I did a search but no recent postings. I'm looking to get some kind of app that is like the torque pro, to read my early 1999 E350 (van) Is the Torque Pro the best deal going or is there better ones for the buck? And do they show more sensors now? Will I be able to get all parameters? such as fuel pressure? Tranny temp? LPOP ? HPOP? EOT ? ECT? etc...

Also are some more user friendly than others?

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one? using these?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I use the Torque app. Don't have experience with any others. I also use a laptop, Forscan and an OBD2 cable to check other parameters that Torque can't.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The Scangauge 2 is in the near future.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have a scan gauge original . Not enough info? What does your torque pro not show?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Scangauge 2 will give you EOT and Trans temp, but can not give you ECT and fuel pressure because there is no sending unit for those. So you would need to use a gauge and install a sending unit because IIRC the ECM does not read for those so a OBD app will not work for those parameters. HPOP and LPOP I am not sure about.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, thanks, thats what I need to hear. Does the Torque Pro show LPOP & HPOP ?

·
Registered
401 Posts
HPOP and ICP are the same I think. LPOP does not have a sending unit if I remember correctly. Scan gauge 2 will read ICP and IPR. and much more.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Here's the Scangauge page listing the xgauges for our trucks. Some of the general Ford / Lincoln gauges work, but there is also a list of 7.3 specific xgauges further down the page. Some things can't be done, like jleedog said. You need to install senders and separate gauges for LPOP, Coolant, and EGT.

https://www.scangauge.com/support/x-gauge-commands/ford-lincoln-mercury/

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Andrew G, thanks, good info. I'll have to figure what version I have & maybe mail back for the upgrade.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts