The Diesel Stop banner

Another cam sensor thing.

908 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  JeffP4045 
#1 ·
Pickup quit on the highway last weekend. Lost power, felt like no fuel. Read codes, says cam sensor. Installed new one, still no start, but wants to. Finally got it to run, but really rough. Sounds like no fuel. New sensor tonight, same. Starts better but seems like it is missing on a cylinder. No power, no moving. Still throwing sensor code. Could it be a coincidence of sensor and fuel issue, or is it just the damned sensor?

#2 ·
Did you use a Motorcraft sensor or an off brand? Have you pulled the fuel filter cap to see if the bowl is filling while cranking? What fuel level does the gauge say your tanks are at?

#4 ·
Well, it seemed to be a fuel issue. Started it in the morning, running rough but a bit better. Got it to station and fueled up. Ran it down the highway for about 10 miles. I seemed better the longer it ran. Stopped at home and installed a 55hp tune I haven't been using. Left for a trip and the thing ran better then ever. Really strong and no glitches. Hooked up and old travel trailer and brought it home. Pulled like it wasn't there. 400+ miles and excellent results. I am assuming it was a weird coincidence.

#5 ·
You might have a crack in the fuel pickup or could of lost the shower head that fits on it to pull from the bottom of the tank.

Have you tried running on the other tank?

#7 ·
I would be very careful around 1/4 of a tank, sounds like maybe a showerhead issue, also keep track of you miles traveled VS what your gauge says VS what your average MPG has been. Could be a sending unit issue as well. Could be both our trucks are getting older.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.