The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It sure is quiet in here, but I am going to ask anyway. I recently picked up an 08 350 that has had a questionable past. Which is great news for a 6.4, so I hear. EGR crossover was welded to the passenger up pipe, there are a few exhaust studs broken, and the last oil change was seven months before I bought the truck. Lots of neglect to rectify. No big deal, I can easily pull the cab and install the new exhaust bolts/gaskets for the manifolds, put in the new Rudy's up pipes I bought, remove and install my EGR delete and intake tube, replace my down pipe with the aftermarket 4" and install the down pipe back 4" straight exhaust. Easy weekend.

My problem lies with the tune. I have bought an SCT Livewire TS used. It was a good deal (so I thought) so I picked it up. Turns out none of the custom tunes on it work on my truck. Luckily, I tried to install one before I took the time to install all my shiny parts. SCT informed me that all the tunes for the TS+ will work on my TS so custom tunes shouldn't be impossible to find. Pretty much everyone I have called says they no longer support my tuner, and the one guy that says he can help can only get a 'tune package' for $400. OR I can pick up the new SCT GTX with some custom tunes for $1000. That seems insane to me. I have heard fairy tails of tunes for $125 with each additional tune for $25.. do these exist? are they any good? I need to recuperate from all of the parts I bought, plus new tires, before I can take on another $400-$1000 adventure.

Suggestions? should I stick with the Livewire? I do like it, so far (minus the fact that it is currently useless to me). Is it better to stick with what is new and cool and blow a ton of money because I am being told to by the dealer? I just want to delete this junk off of Furiosa so I can try to get her into some decent fuel economy and a little more reliability. I am going crazy looking at this pile of parts..

·
Vendor
611 Posts
We've been doing this for a long time. We were the 17th dealer to get signed up with SCT back in the day. If you have a Livewire TS, it's a piece cake. Give us a call, we'll point you in the right direction.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts