The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at possibly doing injectors when I get back stateside. Would like a little more power but still trying to keep it reliable and decent on fuel. I see alot about Stage one single shots but I just dont feel I know enough about this to spend the money yet. Please educate me.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Your stock AD injectors flow 135-140cc of fuel and are split shot. This means they fire a small shot of fuel before the main shot. This was an attempt to cut down on emissions.

Stage 1 injectors flow 160cc of fuel and are single shot, meaning they do not fire the small shot of fuel before the main shot. They only fire 1 shot of fuel per cycle.

Stage 1's are a mild performance upgrade that have proved to be very reliable. They are great for towing, or even just for an increase in power.

We carry Full Force injectors if you are interested in upgrading to stage 1's.

Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
You will love the single shot 160cc injectors. With the new tuning you get from DP and the bigger injectors you will feel like you have a new truck. I'd also suggest you do a regulated fuel return and you will probably also want a larger exhaust housing as your temps will climb really fast.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What would i be looking at as far as fuel milage? Same or a little up or down? As far as EGT's im planing on up pipes soon since I've got a small leak down there. How much bigger housing would you reccommend? I'm also thinking about adding water/meth to help. What is the regulated return and what are the benifits of it? Sorry for the 50 questions everyone. Just trying to get a better understanding before I pull the trigger. Thanks:thumbsup:

·
Registered
561 Posts
What would i be looking at as far as fuel milage? Same or a little up or down? As far as EGT's im planing on up pipes soon since I've got a small leak down there. How much bigger housing would you reccommend? I'm also thinking about adding water/meth to help. What is the regulated return and what are the benifits of it? Sorry for the 50 questions everyone. Just trying to get a better understanding before I pull the trigger. Thanks:thumbsup:
Probably about the same mileage, maybe just a tab better.

You can run a larger exhaust housing(1.15 A/R) to keep temps down, but the only downside is it will take a little longer to spool.

Regulated Return, in simple terms, lets the fuel flow completely through the fuel rail on the head instead of dead-ending on the stock closed loop system. The kits also increase line size and add an adjustable regulator to control fuel pressure. The purpose of the RR is to give air in the system an alternative route besides through the injectors. It will also eliminate fuel starvation in the #8 injector.

If you want to do a regulated return, Strictly Diesel's kit is top of the line and we carry it. Check it out HERE.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts