The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Ford F350 Super Duty Lariat Edition 7.3L diesel
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s up guys so in my previous posts I had asked some questions about my hpop and stuff related to the oil leak I was having trouble with and the repair of it all but today I suddenly have another crank no start problem let me give you a quick rundown if your new to hearing about my truck so I had a small oil leak in the valley and it was caused by my hpop main seal leaking so I replaced it only to have my non serviceable valve o ring blow out on me so I pulled it back out rebuilt the whole thing including my Reservoir gasket /screen and since I was doing this I updated a few things new hpop oil lines new icp new ipr the works got everything back together and got the engine to start and was able drive it the 50 miles required to get the air out of the system well yesterday I remembered my check engine light was still on so I went to get the code cleared and checked the obd said no codes so went ahead with the reset afterward my check engine light stayed off for 2 seconds and came back and I was in a rush by that time so I drive home and today I tried to run an errand and low and behold my truck suddenly cranks but won’t start now and to top it off I have some fuel in the valley now I’m just really confused everything was working just fine yesterday I checked my pump,the reservoir , the fuel bowl all the fuel lines Ect everything I could think of and found nothing out of the Ordinary except a little bit of fuel dripping into the valley anyone have any input on this ?

·
Registered
315 Posts
You will need to give some details about the no start. Does it crank over? Do you know the fuel pump is running? Engine oil condition and level? Battery conditions?
If it cranks how long did you crank it trying to start? Did the tach move wile it cranked?
You may have lost fuel pressure/level due to that leak and have to reprime everything.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok no problem thanks for the reply so I’m going to take a video and post it so you can hear what it’s doing batteries are good oil level is good and new including reservoir no rpm movement oil pressure is good I have a 1/2 tank of diesel trans temp is just above cold line when I crank it I get white smoke from the down pipe area as well as the tailpipe I checked the fuel bowl lid and it’s not leaking if it was it’s not now that I tightened it I vented the fuel bowl for a second to make sure it was full the fuel pump I actually felt it hum under my feet yesterday for a second not sure why maby air bubble in the lines? I’m going to take that video real quick be right back

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I definitely hear the pump working It sounds like their is air in the lines

·
Registered
2,245 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
sounds like starved for fuel.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What’s up guys so just wanted to update so I got the beast up and running it’s was the cps another light grey dead I’m going to try and figure out why it’s running so rough still and why my check engine is on and spitting no code and finally what that weird radio static sound is I’ll post update in new thread soon thanks for all the help this far

1 - 9 of 9 Posts