The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just want to introduce myself. I'm Jordan. I recently bought my first diesel, so I may be a pain to deal with at times! Please do bear with me.

Truck I bought is an 08 350 6.4 which I noticed after the fact had Egr and Dpf removed from vehicle. Not too familiar with how the diesel works but heard this was good news given there is a quality tuner attached.

Truck is used for daily driving with the occasional -4k load. No trailer or anything. I do concrete and epoxy flooring so from time to time I will load down a pallet or two of material, that's about it.

Hope to gain some knowledge and insight on here and hoping to gain some new friends along the way. Thanks in advance to all of you for support and troubleshooting along with recommendations and information.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Welcome aboard, for what i know of the 6.4, your on the right track with the egr and dpf delete. Probably some of our 6.4 guru wil guide you through mods to do if you ask.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
724 Posts
Welcome!!
Yes sirrree!! Deleted the egr and dpf, excellent move imo. I believe the 6.4 has 2 egr's actually. Did you both physically, and electronically delete, with block off plates in all? What tuner did you go with?

Sent from iPhone PSD

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in the process of hunting down a cheap yet effective tuner. From what I can see the Egr has been blocked off, coolers still in place, and the Egr has been removed. All physical nothing has been done electronically yet. I'm hoping that's the reason I'm throwing a "high pressure at rail" code and that it won't do too much damage in the meantime. I have noticed that after he engine warms up, typically 10 or 15 minutes of around town driving, that I start to lose power. Mainly if I'm going uphill, no load, it will struggle severely to make it uphill, I will notice I lose boost, and can actually watch the mph drop slowly. Also when merging onto a highway after that begins, again every time I drive it after engine warms up, once I hit the throttle more than half way I will lose power, and the engine revs up as if there was a rev limiter or something. My hopes are the a simple tuner will correct all of this, however I am a little skeptical.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts