The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys new to this forum new to the whole diesel community I have a 03 F250 with a 7.3 Monday morning as I'm driving to where I meet my ride to work I was running about 45mph and ran up to 60 and it never shifted to OD then it was like it was n neutral rpms went over 3000 before it would feel like its pulling then when I went to back up again like in neutral revved up to 2000 before it kicked in to reverse and chirped the tires then kicked back outta gear what can I do to try and cure this truck has 133k bully dog 6 position chip and that's all pretty much just a stock truck

·
Premium Member
4,352 Posts
I am surprised you haven't gotten a response yet. This post may have slipped through the cracks.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
12,052 Posts
I didn't see it until right now.

The first thing to check is the trans fluid level. Check it warmed up, idling in park. Look for the lowest point on the dipstick that is dry. That's the level.

If the level is correct, next step is to check for codes. The places that read codes free CANNOT read these codes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The fluid is fine it's just as red as new fluid don't smell burnt or nothing...so I need like a obdi code scanner or something like that

·
Super Moderator
12,052 Posts
An OBDI code scanner won't cut it. You need a high end scan tool with Ford specific software to read these codes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks fellas my dad has a garage he runs and works for another company servicing Peterbuilts and a few Kenworths I called him and he has a Snap On code scanner gotta take her n this Friday and run the codes...I did try the Lucas Transmission stop slip stuff and so far it's been shifting like a new one

1 - 7 of 7 Posts