The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately my new rig doesn't fit in the garage like my old truck did...I need to add an alarm and maybe an additional shut off switch or other anti-theft device...any advice out there?

·
Registered
272 Posts
I took a sawzall to my garage door to make it big enough. Wife wasn't too crazy about it but I only needed to remove the half inch trim on top and just a bit of the header.

Can't help with the device though. Good luck. I'm sure someone on here will have something.

Reactions: yan7gin

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Ford makes a plug and play Vehicle Security System. This is what Ford calls the Perimeter Plus. To this VSS you can add remote access and long distance remote start.

The remote access allows you to start, stop, find, lock and unlock your truck. It does take a yearly activation fee of $50 to get the service once the module is installed and activated. The module will send you text messages if the shock sensor of the Perimeter Plus detects entry or some type of shock/bump/etc to your truck.

You can also add a bi-directional antenna to the VSS and use longer distance remote start fobs.

One advantage to the Ford systems is they are plug 'n play with only minimal input required by a dealer. The average shade tree mechanical abilities can install the systems prior to visiting a dealer to activate the necessary items or sim for the remote access.

VSS - DL3Z-19A361-A
RMU - DL3Z-19A390-B

One way Fob - DS7Z-15K601-F
or
Bi-directional Fob - DL3Z-15K601-A
or
there is a one button Bi-directional fob but do not know the Ford part number, does have FCC-ID - ELVATRKC

Bi-directrional antenna - DL3Z-15603-C (no fobs)
or
Antenna Fob Kit - EL3Z-19G364-B (includes bi-directional antenna and two of the one way fobs)

Or

You can have someone install a Viper system where they have to splice wires or use wire taps etc to get connections. Cost, probably similar to get the function for cellphone access.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Nice, the sawzall is easily my favorite tool...but length is the problem not height and I would have to sawzall into my living room...believe me the thought went through my mind....

Think I will go with Larry's idea...thanks for all the detailed information!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Nice, the sawzall is easily my favorite tool...but length is the problem not height and I would have to sawzall into my living room...believe the thought went through my mind....

Think I will go with Larry's idea...thanks for all the detailed information!

I have seen many a Harley in the living room, Why not a Super Duty? Just think, you could tailgate for the super bowl and not even have to leave your living room......:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It wasn't a Harley...but I did rebuild a 250 two stroke in my living room once...before the wife and kids of course!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I second the, Ravelco Anti Theft Device. Do the research, it's never been beat and there is nothing else out there that can leagaly make that claim.........

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Most of the newer aftermarket alarms are minimal wiring, they use mostly the Canbus for communication and you won't need to visit the Ford dealer to make it work. The guy that installs and/or sells it to you will pre-program it for your vehicle. Just throwing it out there as another option

1 - 9 of 9 Posts