1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
774 Posts
I've got the TC controller and it works just like advertised. I used to have a home made set-up to use the EBPV as a brake and it worked good, especially considering what it cost. It's not going to work as well as a high dollar brake, but the key term there is high dollar. My dealings with Sean at SP have also always been good.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Here is the post I did about it:
SPDiesel

Now mine hasn't had all the upgrades done to it. I need to send it back to Sean for an upgrade, But it's a great addition. I still don't think anyone has something close to his unit yet. Plus with no external unit on your exhaust the DMV can't find out how your truck sounds like it has a exhaust brake. Long story............... but funny. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I have been running it for about 18 months now with no issues, other then the blinking OD light... I was not aware he has any upgrades for it, but it sure would be nice not to have that light blinking at me all the time...

·
Registered
415 Posts
I believe he has fixed that blinking lite. Send him an e-mail about it. I'm getting ready to buy the Stage Ie SE from him and try that out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I will do that! That has always been my only complant...

·
Registered
415 Posts
Hey RaceCarPuller,
Make sure you e-mail Sean and Paul. They do have day jobs and they can't always get to the phone calls. I've been to his house/shop and he only has a small office. E-mail is the fastest way to get ahold of them.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I have the SPDiesel tc lockup device and I love it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif except for the blinking light. It works as advertised but especially at night that dog gone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif blinking overdrive light is a nuisance.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I think you will find a lot of folks on here with our unit. It's really one of a kind and nothing else above or below the price touches the features we offer. The latest version has been micro-sized versus the first gen microProcessor controlled version. There have been a few improvements in the technology and design, most of which is transparent to the customer other than the size. the new unit is exactly 2.5*1.6*.9 (smaller than the average Mp3 player)...

Still does all the cool stuff the first one did, and more.

*brighter LEDs
*optional circuit interrupt for no more blinky OD light (be aware this is complete control over the TC though. it's not a splice, you will CUT your TC wire if you don't have the plug in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts