The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live out in the country, and the lights on my 05’ F250 are pretty crummy (especially when I’m driving home at night and need to watch for deer)…..so I decided to install a 32” LED Light bar on my truck. We put one on my wives SUV last year, and when you turn it on….it’s like turning on the sun, not joking!
I’m hoping this one will work well…..for $45 off of Amazon, I’m not expecting too much….but the one on my wife’s SUV was also a cheap Amazon one, and it’s been great.

Having the upfitter switches made installation a snap…..from start to finish it took me bout 45min…..30min of that was pulling off the grill and mounting the light. The rest way easy.

Anyone have one installed like this? The one thing I’m worried about it blocking off some of the airflow to the radiator…….not sure if that would really affect the ECT’s much or not. I’ve seen lots of other trucks do it like this…so I’m assuming it should be ok. I just didn’t one a big goofy LEF bar mounting above my windshield….just looks strange, I think mounting it in the grill looks a little “cleaner”.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I mounted mine on aftermarket brush guard. Haven’t had any problems with cooling, but mine is about 8 inches in front of the grill. Unless you’re towing a broke down dodge up Mt. McKinley, you probably won’t see any problems.

MY question is, how did you connect to the upfitters? Which through the fire wall wire, which switch, etc?

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
It does look nice their hid away in the grill

·
Registered
116 Posts
I mounted mine where the factory fogs were. Yours looks good though, and more LED's.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Did you bolt it directly to the grill? Did you have to beef it up? Looks great.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I had a truck with these blasting my eyeballs last night but I'm sure the driver did not even the see the bird I flipped him while I returned fire with my brights on. I hope who ever does this has the respect not to use them against oncoming traffic like the ahole last night. I thought it was a train coming at me!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a truck with these blasting my eyeballs last night but I'm sure the driver did not even the see the bird I flipped him while I returned fire with my brights on. I hope who ever does this has the respect not to use them against oncoming traffic like the ahole last night. I thought it was a train coming at me!

Anyone who would run a light bar around other traffic is an idiot...no different than running with your high beams on all the time. Don't blame the light bar....blame the idiot behind the wheel.

On a side note.....since I've had my bar installed in the grill, I haven't noticed any cooling issues, or even any increase in cooling temps. It's good to go....and light up the country roads (and deer) light daylight!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts