The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever reinstalled their exhaust/dpf stuff after deleteing it all after a few years?

I've been keeping all of my deleted stuff but I'm not sure if it is worth the effort to keep it with the possiblity of reinstalling it at a later date. And, of course I would have to have it installed.

·
Super Moderator
10,122 Posts
All it takes is for your state to mandate that all cities and counties enforce emission standards with test.

Then if you don't have the parts you are screwed. There are a number of members here on this and other forums trying to find the parts that they threw away.

Plus if I was looking for a truck I would never purchase a deleted truck even if I lived somewhere that there were no emission testing.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Only a matter of time before having all the parts installed becomes strictly enforced. Last time I checked, I think a DPF was around $4,000. I certainly would not throw it or any other parts away. Finding replacements recently has been troublesome at best due to backordered/unavailable parts.

Reactions: Stroking it

·
Registered
916 Posts
I keep all my stock parts for all the changes I have done to them. I have a 68 Mustang that I lightly modified and kept all the parts and even the bolts. My GT500 didn't come with sequential tail lights. It was just a harness replacement but I kept the stock one. Parts keep getting more expensive and harder to find, especally after Ford stops producing them.

·
Registered
121 Posts
All it takes is for your state to mandate that all cities and counties enforce emission standards with test.

Then if you don't have the parts you are screwed. There are a number of members here on this and other forums trying to find the parts that they threw away.

Plus if I was looking for a truck I would never purchase a deleted truck even if I lived somewhere that there were no emission testing.
So you’d rather have a truck that’s got a clogged DPF, reductant heater issue, weak turbo due to a plugged DPF, etc?!? Either way… you’d be hard pressed to find a 2011-2016 on the market that’s not deleted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts