The Diesel Stop banner

Anyone heard of Greenball tires?

20447 Views 9 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  jetskier
I am looking to replace the tires on my trailer, a 29' toy hauler, 10k rated. I currently have Carlisle's, 8 ply, D rated.
First, I heard the standard is to change tires after 5 years, regardless of wear (mine are in good shape, lots of tread left). Is that true?
And, are the greenball tires any good? Got a good price for four, installed...
Are Carlisle's that much better?
Any other brands I should look at?
Any help would be appreciated. I did have a blow out on the last trip and that tire looked fine prior to the trip. Thanks a TON in advance....
1 - 1 of 10 Posts
I am running their Transmaster on a car hauler. Trailer is right at 10,000 lbs. I got them about 2 years ago from Discount Tire when load range E had just come out in the 225 size. They replaced carlisle that were separating at the tread/carcas. I have had good luck with them. I did get road hazard.

Last month I creamed a huge hole on I35 coming out of Dallas in a construction zone. Next fuel stop the leading tire on that side was showing tread separation. It made it another 200 miles before throwing the tread. I went to Discount Tire. They took one look at the tire and the road hazard was honored and I was down the road with a new tire in an hour. I went ahead and got road hazard on the replacement tire for $15.

That is the only time I have used road hazard. I am really glad I got it on the 4 original tires. This is also another reason I think it is important to go to a readily available tire dealer if you are on the road often.

Tom
See less See more
1 - 1 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.