The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was reading that they provide a way for dealers to bid a price proposal on the truck with options configured the way you set them. Guaranteed price document that you just take to the dealer and they order with the prescribed options for the price that is quoted on the certificate. Seems too easy? Am I missing anything?

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Ford is suppose to announce X Plan Pricing for everyone on the 4th of Nov and run to around the first of the year. You will not have to be anything special or member or an organization nor a friend or a family member to get it. Regular incentives are to be added also...

I have found that NADA pricing guide is the same as this X Plan pricing as it is the same as the"invoice" pricing also.

I have a 2016 Fusion on order. The NADA price is the same as X Plan and the dealer quoted invoice price. The biggest difference as I understand it is the dealer side on what they get back from Ford.

NADA

·
Registered
3 Posts
I used truecar to get an idea of pricing and a target price to negotiate for. I never dealt with a truecar dealer though. I took the printouts to whatever dealer had the car/truck that I wanted and said make me this deal. It's pretty handy and very close to what you should expect to pay.

·
Premium Member
7,934 Posts
The hold back will be listed in one of the boxes at the bottom of the actual invoice. It's something like 4 or 5 percent of base invoice but that's easy enough to figure out but hold back is there in its own box.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Hold back is 3% of msrp.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ford is suppose to announce X Plan Pricing for everyone on the 4th of Nov and run to around the first of the year. You will not have to be anything special or member or an organization nor a friend or a family member to get it. Regular incentives are to be added also...

I have found that NADA pricing guide is the same as this X Plan pricing as it is the same as the"invoice" pricing also.

I have a 2016 Fusion on order. The NADA price is the same as X Plan and the dealer quoted invoice price. The biggest difference as I understand it is the dealer side on what they get back from Ford.

NADA
I think that just shows that X plan isn't the good deal that it used to be. I have bought a couple new fords in the last few years and my dealer was able to beat X price.

When they roll out A plan pricing for everyone, that will get my attention on a new truck.. :smile2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts