The Diesel Stop banner

Anyone using or used the Quadzilla Xzillaraider module?

8322 Views 14 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  ERyser
I have a 2005 Excursion and was interested in hearing opinions on power, shifting, customer service, etc for the Quadzilla. I am looking at the 30-60-110 module. Not interested in programmers/tuners primarily because I do not want to touch the ECM or FICM.

Thanks in advance....
1 - 8 of 15 Posts
Thanks 6 speeder for the input. Can you shoot me a PM with the "other" website name. I'm not on here that often and am not sure which you are referring to.

Thanks.
I appreciate the details 6speeder.

Can anyone tell me if the transmission has to re-learn the shifting if it's not at operating temp all the time? I read somewhere that it might have to adjust every time. I tend to drive very conservative around town and in general but want to be able to get on it with 3/4 of full throttle and it shift correctly.

Can anyone with an auto share their experience with this?
cheek - I have no doubt the SCT tuner from ID is awesome in every way and has great power and excellent shifting. However, it's more important for me to not have to worry about flahes, sending files back, downloading, and also being to pull this module off and never touch the ECM for warranty issues. I'm giving up some power and shifting for the ability to pull this thing off and have no footprint in case warranty is in need.

I am curious to hear from the auto trans. owners to see if the shifting is suffucient. I don't care if it's not perfect - I just want it to be safe and not harm anything.
Sam,

The XZT was something I was considering but like the ability to adjust as well. I, like yourself, don't want to dabble with the ECM so this tends to look attractive to me. Glad to hear it works well.
LIPD - Thanks for the advice and transmission reference.
cheek - I understand the tranny concern. With the way I drive hopefully it would not be an issue (don't really tow anything). The dealership piece is a trickly issue though.
Familyride - yes sir. It's the Torqueshift in an '05 Excursion.
1 - 8 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.