The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 01' the door was changed out, and the sticker was not saved prior to me buying it. Is there a way to get another sticker to affix to the door or jam? Thought this would be the best place to ask.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think your out of luck on this one. If it is possible your dealer would know, but don't expect anything.

429 SCJ GT convert... WOW!!! Got the Marti report on that bad boy, one of ??? can't be many.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I think a body shop will be your best bet. Although Finding one that will put a lot of time and effort into a truck they didn't work on may be a problem.
When a '97 car of mine was repaired due to a collision, the shop replaced all the stickers under the hood, on doors etc...

·
Registered
240 Posts
There's a window of 3 yrs that a service dept can order the VIN sticker. We're both outside looking in.
FS

·
Premium Member
8,138 Posts
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DragRag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On my 01' the door was changed out, and the sticker was not saved prior to me buying it. Is there a way to get another sticker to affix to the door or jam? Thought this would be the best place to ask. </div></div>

When I repair a crashed door , I have cut the old door around the sticker , sent it to ford ,,They reprinted the label ,& sent it to me for a nominal fee....

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I am out of luck is what you guys are saying it seems. Well, where are the other VIN's for reg purposes? I know the dash is one, is there one on the frame or something?

·
Premium Member
8,138 Posts
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DragRag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I am out of luck is what you guys are saying it seems. Well, where are the other VIN's for reg purposes? I know the dash is one, is there one on the frame or something? </div></div>I think the biggest concern is that you are not sticking it on a stolen vehicle....

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope not stolem, I have clean clear title, I doubt Haliburton is in the stolen truck business. I just put a new engine in the truck to from another one, so that vin is gone now to. Hopefully there is one on the frame or something, I will have to look around on the truck. Maybe I will need to get a new VIN assigned if that is not the case. Ideas where other VIN's may be, i will need to register this truck this week or the folllowing, and I have out of state title, they always want to verify VIN numbers here when you bring something in from somewhere else.

·
Premium Member
8,138 Posts
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: action4478</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DragRag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I am out of luck is what you guys are saying it seems. Well, where are the other VIN's for reg purposes? I know the dash is one, is there one on the frame or something? </div></div>I think the biggest concern is that you are not sticking it on a stolen vehicle.... </div></div>

What I meant was, fords biggest concern about replacing the vin sticker...was they are afraid you may have a stolen truck or car... There is a Con # but the only way I can find out where they are , is to have a Deputy call the state to find the location,,on newer veh's,(Trucks) its on the frame in 4 places

Trans has one also...

·
Registered
538 Posts
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DragRag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On my 01' the door was changed out, and the sticker was not saved prior to me buying it. Is there a way to get another sticker to affix to the door or jam? Thought this would be the best place to ask. </div></div>

Sure can...we can go back 10 years. Go to your dealer, ask to talk to the Service manager and tell him you need a new VECI sticker for your door. Bring your proof of ownership and the truck. The service manager has to fill a form.

If the Service Manager doesn't know where to find it, print this off and give it to him. This is free from Ford. I do these all the time for our Bodyshop. Any problems...let me know. Usally takes 1-2 weeks.

He has to go to http://www.fmcdealer.com then click on "regional pages", then click on "forms", then click on "VIN label/plate request form".

·
Registered
55 Posts
There are plenty of other Vin numbers on various different parts of your truck, there are some that are even hidden. These are only disclosed to law enforcement by the manufacturers to aid in identifying stolen vehicles and parts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Contact your local police theft department. I’m texas you can get a 68A inspection at select police departments. Then take that paperwork to a specific dmv. They will tell you where. Pay some minimal dollars and have a new door jam vin installed. You’ll need to take the vehicle with you as they apply the new sticker. Not as fancy as the original but less questions if you ever sell. Hopefully the original dash vin is still there. My truck was stolen and they removed both.... it’s been quite the task getting a replacement vin sticker. I’ll be contacting ford to how or if I can get a replacement dash vin.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
After 13 years, he probably already got it figured out. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Go to your forum preferences, and uncheck "Show related threads". IDK why it's checked by default - it causes nothing but confusion, even for long-time users.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
On my 01' the door was changed out, and the sticker was not saved prior to me buying it. Is there a way to get another sticker to affix to the door or jam? Thought this would be the best place to ask.
"The VC label contains the manufacturer name, the month and year of manufacture, the certification statement and the VIN. It also includes GVW and tire information. If a vehicle requires replacement of the VC label and is 4 years old or less, an authorized dealer must submit the VIN to their respective regional office. The regional office will submit a web form to the assembly plant for the replacement label. Once the label has been printed, a representative from the regional office will deliver the label to the dealer and witness installation on the vehicle. If a vehicle is more than 4 years old and requires a replacement label, the dealer must submit a request to the Department of Motor Vehicles."

1 - 17 of 17 Posts