The Diesel Stop banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
On my display I see a smley face in the equation. It should be B ) without the spaces of course.http://www.autoguide.com/mobile
The smiley face is probably from a emoticon app on your phone/tablet. But yes, WITHOUT the spaces this is how the equation for "Engine Oil Temp" is displayed. I would do what I could to make sure it read just as I posted.

Bsh102, I'm glad to see you were able to get the other PIDs to read correctly and I hope my previous recommendation helps.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Sorry RedStagg! I thought that was a question. oops

·
Registered
47 Posts
My equation is identical to the one Steam posted. I deleted the PiD form my screen and fixed the F that I put in there and than rebooted and added the engine oil temp PiD and it still reads Celsius. I have it changed in the main setting to read Fahrenheit all other gauges are correct except EOT the important one.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Steam, I just reread your first post above. In the units section, I should have the box checked that says use degrees Celsius intead of Fahrenheit ?

It should be unchecked to use Fahrenheit, I switched and all the other Pids went to Celsius.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Steam, I just reread your first post above. In the units section, I should have the box checked that says use degrees Celsius intead of Fahrenheit ?

It should be unchecked to use Fahrenheit, I switched and all the other Pids went to Celsius.
Leave the "Use Celsius" box unchecked.
There is no "Use Fahrenheit" box. I was multitasking when I posted that there was a "Use Fahrenheit" box. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
47 Posts
This thing is driving me nuts. Everything else is just the way it was prior except the EOT. There are 3 parentheses at the beginning and three more through out the equation just like Steam posted.

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

·
Registered
47 Posts
Bsh102,
That's how it looks on mine. Check this link out see if maybe we're missing something. Bare with us, you'll get it figured out.

Forums — » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » FORD 6.0 DIESEL NO EOT, PLEASE HELP!!!Torque
Thanks but I read that one and about 10 more. I now registered and asked the question over there as well. I have done about everything that anyone posted over there on how to make this thing work. I had zero issues the first time setting this up. I was like every one else, the issue was transmission not reading accurate temps. They gave out the change in the equation and it has been working fine ever since. I replace the FICM and lose all the data and have to set everything back up and I feel like a 2 yr old trying to figure this out. Very frustrating but for $40 invested I guess it is just part of the deal.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks guys for the assistance. Give me a wrench any day over trying to figure this computer stuff out. All is good, the Torque App is working the way it used too. All my PIDS are accurate and correct.

In case someone else runs into the issue. Remove everything from your app and phone. Let the system delete, which will take anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour. Reset the app, set up everything new and you should be good to go. I was wanting instant results and I guess sometimes patience is the only way but I had some free time today to get some things taken care of and just did not wait long enough when I reset the equations etc.

Once again this forum has proven itself to be a very valuable asset to us PSD owners. thanks.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
In case someone else runs into the issue. Remove everything from your app and phone. Let the system delete, which will take anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour. Reset the app, set up everything new and you should be good to go. I was wanting instant results and I guess sometimes patience is the only way but I had some free time today to get some things taken care of and just did not wait long enough when I reset the equations etc.

Once again this forum has proven itself to be a very valuable asset to us PSD owners. thanks.
I affirm you for posting this, I can't stand waiting for things either, especially when it comes to technology. I had the same situation happen to me about 2 months ago. However I was still using the Free version of Torque and couldn't get some of the units to update on the interface(gauges). What eventually fixed my problem was buying the Pro version which replaced all my existing PID/formulas with new ones.

Happy to hear everything worked out for you. I'll probably have to quote you sometime in the future as newcomers thumb through these post.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Which PID are you guys using for the trans temp??? There seems to be 4 different options, Transmission Fluid Temp (Method 1) • Transmission Fluid Temp (Method 2) • Transmission Temperature(Method 1) • Transmission Temperature(Method 2)

Also, what information did you use for the 6.0's vehicle profile? These will differ a little from single, super, crew cabs & LWB/SWB & SRW/DRW.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I down loaded the torque pro app on my phone how do I get the 6.0 ford set up
From the main screen on TP, hit your phone's option button and in the bottom left hand corner will be a "Settings" button. Press that, then scroll down to "Manage extra PIDs/Sensors". Press that, then again press you phone's option button and select "Add predefined set". A "Select Vehicle" screen will pop up and you'll want to select the "Ford (Incl PowerStroke)" option. And that's it. At that point in time you'll be able to select from 177 PIDs. Let me know it you have problems, otherwise, enjoy!

·
Registered
122 Posts
How many pids can you monitor? I have an insite cts , but might like this better. Also you could get a glowshift 3in1 to monitor egt, fuel and boost.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
No personal experience, but a lot of guys have posted problems with the glow shift setup.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
How many pids can you monitor? I have an insite cts , but might like this better.
Sorry for not responding sooner, I didn't see this post until now.
Take the amount of pids the Insight will/can display, then multiply it by 2-5 times, and even more if you decide to use a tablet.

The layout I use currently consist of 12 pids updating simultaneously. The pids I monitor are:
Row 1: Coolant Temp/ RPMs/ Engine Oil Temp
Row 2: Intake Temp/ Trans Temp/ ExhaustBack PSI
Row 3: Boost/ Fan RPMs/ VGT cycle
Row 4: FICM Logic Power/ VBattery/FICM Main Power

Allow me to explain a few factors. Once you've selected the "Realtime Information" icon from the main menu, this brings you to the main screen for monitoring your parameters. From this main screen, you are able to swipe between 5 pages of gauge layouts. You can increase and decrease the amount of swipe-able pages.
Select your phone's option button, a list of options will appear with "Add display" at the top. Selecting that will allow you to chose from several gauge types such as, dial needle, dial meter, digital display, etc. Once you've selected the type of gauge, you then select which parameter(sensor) you want designated to it. Finally after you choose the parameter, you select the size of the gauge you want. There are 6 sizes to choose from, Tiny, Small, Medium, Large, Larger, and Extra Large.
Then you drag and drop the gauge on any part of the current page you are on. To modify these, simply hold your finger on the gauge until an Items Options page pops up. You can post to Facebook, see history, zoom display, make it a floating widget(I did not know this), move display, bring to front, bring to back, and many other options are available.

-"Here's looking at you, kid."

The attachments from left to right:
Left - 5 x 8 pid layout to give you some perspective.
Mid - 6 different gauge sizes (mind you this is on an LG Optimus G)
Right - My current layout

Attachments

S

·
0 Posts
trans pid

Which PID are you guys using for the trans temp??? There seems to be 4 different options, Transmission Fluid Temp (Method 1) • Transmission Fluid Temp (Method 2) • Transmission Temperature(Method 1) • Transmission Temperature(Method 2)

Also, what information did you use for the 6.0's vehicle profile? These will differ a little from single, super, crew cabs & LWB/SWB & SRW/DRW.
Which PID did you end up using for the trans? I am getting a big difference between the two that I am looking at.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts