The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2019 F250 6.7 - 19k miles & full warranty - has had an intermittent high pitch whine at startup ... coming from under the bed and is loud INSIDE the bed. Sounds like a fuel pump to me - and others. I did not do anything for a month or 2 as it did not happen again for a while and I just forgot. Then it happened again so I called to make a appt - nearly a month out.

I finally got to the front of the line and took it into Ford late in the afternoon for a cold-start the following morning. The whine has not happened at all lately so I don't believe it happened on this day either.

The next day Ford called and said "the sound you are hearing is coming from the turbo. We need to have the truck here for a couple days to diagnose the problem." The service tech said "the mechanic used a stethoscope to find it." ?????

There seems to be two completely different things going on here. The sound I complained about is 8 feet behind the turbo and I did not need a stethoscope to hear it. But they are saying "it's not a big deal and won't leave you stranded so when you have time to bring it back ...."

This sounds like false reporting to me to get expensive warranty work paid for out of ford. Any thoughts on that?

·
Registered
555 Posts
The whole new-gen "service" model where the tech never gets contaminated by contact with the actual customer is a joke. I was recently service scammed and I hardly ever darken a stealership door. In my case I was caught 3 hours from home with a new-to-me vehicle where the oil filter had actually rusted through completely. I picked the car up, it started hemhorraging oil and I drove it directly to the stealer. When the chirpy secretary called me back she said it was going to be $1200 to replace my leaky filter. That turned out to be $120 for the the filter/oil change plus another $1100 of miscellaneous nonsense that I absolutely didn't need and declined to agree to. With a compliant customer, crooked service writer and a warranty department I'm sure the sky is the limit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts