The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed when hitched up with the 5th wheel the truck looks nose high, but the scales show the nose is spot on. As I stand and look at the truck it looks like the front is higher than it should be, so measured and sure enough, all 4 wheel wells are 41" tall. I don't see anything that would lift the front like a large rubber extension on the springs, so what should I look for? Smaller rear shackles? What should stock wheel well height be on a 2012 F350 4WD KR Diesel?

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
Airshocks?

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts

BTW, that is a great color.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
I suspect the front is just fine. Your bed has just squatted down just a bit lower than the nose from that triple slide 5th wheel. Get some air bags on the rear axle so you can adjust for the load.
DENNY

Reactions: Stroking it

·
Super Moderator
26,322 Posts
Nope, just some rusty ranchos which need to be replaced. I don't even know what are in front, they are rusty and yellow.
FYI, new shocks won't affect ride height.

X2 on the air bags.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I put air bags on mine and love them Installed them myself. MAKE sure you get the onboard air pump. IK have a 5er and for my first 3 month trip I used a plug in air pump. Pain in the but. You don't want to drive around with 60 pounds in the bags. With the onboard pump even if it's raining you can air them up or down with a switch. Some guys use timbins but they aren't as nice as the air bags. With air bags they cushon the ride all the time where some of these other options only work when loaded. I will never have another truck without air bags.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a RAS kit coming tomorrow, looks like the springs are sagging in the rear. That should take care of it for now. I am also replacing the shocks, I don't know how old they are but feels like they are at the end of their usefulness. I can get a closer look at the front spings while at it. I also have to inspect the front hubs since they don't appear to be auto-locking, and either not getting vacuum, or the seals are shot. I also hear what might possibly be a bad bearing, and do need to also check the differential backlash. It's a 9 YO truck that I have only had a year and a half and have no idea when anything was done to it underneath.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Actually the rake in your pictures look really good. I’m not familiar with the RAS suspension kit for the rear leafs, I was curious if those are adjustable. Hope they do the trick.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They are adjustable. They hook over the back of the spring pack and have a bracket that attaches in front of the axle down by the block and use a levering action with a thick coil spring that is adjustable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts