The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I monitor the TDR website just to see how the Cummins half lives. A recent thread titled "Broken ISB...Help" has really exploded into a major incident. Seems a Dodge guy alleges that DC voided his engine warranty based on some pretty minor modification which he did to it. They allegedly offered his post on the TDR website as proof. Apparently the site is monitored by Dodge.
Could we, or have we ever had, a similar problem with Ford?
Bisonbreath

·
Registered
597 Posts
Bisonbreath, I read the TDR discussion a few days ago and it seemed pretty ambiguous to me. I think there were comments made that I don't know could be successfully substantiated in court. No, I am not a lawyer nor do I play one on TV or on the internet.

Can Ford access and read ford-diesel? Yeah. Could they successfully pull together substantiating evidence on a warranty violation from this notes file? Maybe. Could they bully and/or intimidate you into believing they can nail you? More likely.

Personally, I'm not loosing any sleep over the TDR thing. On the other hand, I don't modify the snot out of my truck; it's got only 1 mod that might be an issue and I'm not worried about that.

------------------
00 250 XLT SD SC 4x4 PSD auto, Bright Amber
AHSA, USDF, RMDS, USPSA (Life), NRA, EPCSO Volunteer
So many toys... so little money... :)

·
Registered
597 Posts
ps. I'd be more worried if I had publically said I was tweaking the odometer for the purpose of "extending" my warranty. No, I haven't tweaked my odo and no, I am not trying to commit warranty fraud nor do I have any intention of doing either.

------------------
00 250 XLT SD SC 4x4 PSD auto, Bright Amber
AHSA, USDF, RMDS, USPSA (Life), NRA, EPCSO Volunteer
So many toys... so little money... :)

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
I'm not going to worry about it. I too only have one mod that might be a problem, but if it is, it is. I know going in that anything I do could cause some problem down the road, and I accept that risk before I do a mod. If you cannot accept the risk of the mod, don't do it.

Mike

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
All we got to do is get Johny Cocheran into a PSD.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
HI FORD!!!
Can I have another blanket please

P.S. I really like my truck

------------------
2000 F-350, Lariet, PSD, SC, LB, 4x4, White, Line X, Dee-Zee toolbox, Lo-Jack alarm, Mobile-1, Pioneer stereo, Clear corner lenses, Weatherboots, Husky Mat, Rustproofed, Ford bug guard, built 4/26/00, received 5/19/00... NRA Life

1 - 7 of 7 Posts